Repeat prescriptions may be requested in the following ways:
- In person
- By post (please include a stamped addressed envelope if you wish us to return to you by post)
- By fax on 01924 430647 for Albion Street
- By fax on 01924 488104 for Mountain Road
- Online via the link at the top of this page (username and password required).
- Via the SystmOne app
- Please indicate which surgery you would like to collect your prescription from when making your request.
- Please note - we DO NOT take requests for prescriptions over the telephone unless you are house bound.
A slip is printed out showing all items which are authorised for regular repeats. Please use this slip when re-ordering. If you are faxing us a request please ensure that all the details are clear.
Prescribing medication long term
This practice does not prescribe long term benzodiazepines ('Z' drugs). These would include diazapam, nitrazepam, temazapan, zopiclone and zolpiderm due to the risk os addiction and medical harm. If you are taking benzodiazepines, the practice will aim to review the medications and if appropriate to reduce gradually with a view to stop. We may refer you to the local reduction team, to enable you to work together with an aim to reducing/stop these.
If you require your prescription to be collected by a particular pharmacy, please ensure that the pharmacy of your choice does provide this service.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. If you are unable to order your medication on your repeat slip or online it may because your medication review is due Please contact the surgery where our medical reception team will ensure that, if necessary, you have the appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.